Went on a run just now, was supposed to meet Na at my turning point because it is in between our house. BUT... It rained HEAVILY.
I was running along the route to Lower Seletar Reservoir, and it started to drizzle and against all odds, I decided to go against the weather. But, 人算不如天算, just after I ran past the second bus stop before the meeting point, the clouds couldn't hold on to the water any longer. It poured like it never had in weeks. Decided not to turn back, I went on forward, and finally stopped at the bus stop before the the junction to Khatib Stadium. Luckily I brought my EZ-Link along. Haha.
It brings back reminiscence of the times in Army. Those marching in the rain, running in the rain. Really warm memories I would say. I kind of miss those days. For the good times and the bad times. The times when I was rock bottom and also the times when I was sky high. Indeed, the SAF has given me an experience like no other. Something that I can think about, something that gives me this edge, albeit how little it may be.
Life goes on, those would just be memories. But the learning experience, the bonds forged and new found confidence, will last me more than this lifetime can carry.
Push on!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment