Friday, January 2, 2009

Bumming around.

I've been spending my holiday pretty much as a junkie. Didn't do much constructive stuff. Oh well. Haha. But I guess I did have my fair share of fun. If fun = constructive. Then it is constructive. I think I've went out so many times, that I felt rather burnt out going out at times.
The last week of 2008 was spent quite well I supposed. Met ZY, WL for IP Man on monday and then Cla and Evee joined us for dinner and dessert at bugis. Haha. IP Man is a nice show I guess, though I think it is a tad pro chinese. Haha.

Went back to Jrtc office on tuesday. Had a long long chat with Mr Ho, haha so long that my other ex-colleagues were quite astoned. It felt nice going back to visit. Kinda miss working there, missing the days where I lunched with them, and went on inspections and etc.

Wed was a rather different day. HAha. Met the gang for LUNCH at sakura, this is some thing very rare. We hardly met for lunches. Haha. Except perhaps when we were still in camp? Haha. After that, I went back home and decided to fall asleep by lying on the bed. I don't know why, but I got really exhausted from the buffet. After that, met Na at Yis to go have dinner! She took me to check out the money changer at change alley, then we had dinner at soup spoon. I didn't like the something tokyo chicken soup, found it too salty. But we managed to "chop" a relatively good spot to watch the fireworks! Seems like a pretty close encounter. The experience was quite different! =) But the squeezing is still the same. Haha.

Went for yet another buffet today. At the Penang Place at IBP, Jurong with my family. Was so full, I didn't want to move.
Once I reached home, I decided to sleep. And I slept for 4 to 5 hours. LOL. What a pig.

A new year has come.
Not many new resolutions I suppose.
Mostly similar to those I've come up with last year.
But for a good part of the year, I will be in foreign land.
I do however hope this experience will bring about a positive change in myself. Building up my confidence and being much more independent. And with my loved ones not being in close proximity, there are a lot more things, I have to handle without them.
Really glad to have been given this opportunity, even though I'm starting to feel a bit 不舍得 to leave my loved ones behind.
I may find my true self from this 1 year, and perhaps bring out the best within.

May the new year be a good one for all of you my dear friends and family.
May the departure of 2008 bring away all those unhappiness and grieve. Welcome 2009 with your arms open, embrace the opportunities and wonderful things that are going to happen energetically! =)

No comments: